At ‘Links to Learning’, we offer a drug-free, non-invasive approach, which can help children with development delays, learning difficulties, sensory and auditory processing problems.
To find out whether your child may benefit from our help, we need an initial consultation, this will give you the opportunity to ask questions concerning your child and discuss any particular problems. Cost for this is $195. If your child is verbal and over 5 years the consultation would additionally include formal Auditory Processing Evaluation using one or all of the following: Total Cost for this is $295
- Test for Auditory Processing Disorders in Children (SCAN-3) The Scan-3 is a screening assessment tool which tests how well the individual performs specific auditory processing skills with each ear under challenging auditory conditions.
- Test of Auditory Processing Skills (TAPS) Memory sub tests. TAPS screens auditory short-term memory and auditory working memory.
- TAVS The Test of Auditory and Visual Processing Skills
- SAST South Australian Spelling Test
- BURT Reading Word Test
- Holborn Reading Scale
On completion of this evaluation recommendations will be given regarding the most suitable program for your child. This will include one or more of the following programs.
The Listening Program –
THE LEVEL ONE LISTENING PROGRAM
can typically be adapted to suit most listeners. It provides support to individuals experiencing challenges with;
- Speech & language
- Auditory processing
- Reading & spelling
SPECTRUM is typically most suited to;
- Those on the Autism Spectrum
- Those with a Brain Injury
- Aged or Elderly
- Those with Sensory sensitivity
- Spectrum is very gentle for a sensitive or underdeveloped CNS
- rhythm awareness
- adaptive responses to stress
The Movement Program
The Movement Program is a streamed exercise program that has a sequence of progressive movements delivered over a twelve-week period. Developed in collaboration between Leigh Academies Trust and Learning Solutions in the United Kingdom, it has been shown to significantly improve reading age and English results as well as balance, coordination, and the inhibition of primitive reflexes.
Your child follows the students on the video and completes the activities each day
The Movement Program is based on many years of research which proves progress in learning outcomes is achieved by improving areas such as:
- Literacy Skills & Writing Skills
- Attention and Concentration
- Self Confidence
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- Visual skills of tracking, fixation, near and far focus, binocular vision
- Improved beat and rhythm leading to:
- Improved awareness of grammar,
- Significant reading progress
- Improved listening
- Better music ability
- Improved performance in sport
- Balance, co-ordination and vestibular development,
- Gross and fine motor skills,
- Hand / eye co-ordination,
- Midline crossing,
- Proprioception – the ability to sense the position, location and orientation of the body and its parts,
- Spatial awareness
- Improved emotional regulation,
The Leigh Academies Trust has conducted extensive trials since 2003 in both Secondary and Primary Schools and found The Movement Program helps to improve learning ability, educational progress and improves GCSE examination results.
In the short term, a lack of adequate sleep can affect judgment, mood, ability to learn and retain information, and may increase the risk of serious accidents and injury. In the long term, chronic sleep deprivation may lead to a host of health problems including, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, depression, and obesity.
The Listening Program® SLEEP is an auditory sleep aid that you listen to while you’re going to sleep.
With technology created by a neuroscientist, TLP SLEEP uses nearly-inaudible sounds embedded in beautiful music created to help you go to sleep faster and stay asleep longer.
TLP SLEEP triggers the motion-induced sleepiness that babies experience while being rocked and that most people feel while riding as a passenger in a car or train. The music simultaneously entrains the brain to the slower brainwave rhythms needed to sleep. This combination results in a sleep that’s natural, easy, restful and refreshing. The technology behind The Listening Program® SLEEP is based on over 15 years of research in hearing, balance, and sleep by neuroscientist Seth Horowitz, Ph.D. It is a new approach to helping people of any age go to sleep more quickly and stay asleep longer. TLP SLEEP uses three kinds of sound that work directly on the brain in different ways.
1. Very low frequency sounds activate the vestibular system to trigger Sopite syndrome, the motion-induced sleepiness that babies experience while being rocked and that most people feel while riding as a passenger in a car or on a train.
2. Quiet “pink” noise shaped to match the sound signatures of heartbeats and breathing reduces activity in the brain’s arousal centers to encourage relaxation.
3. Binaural beats — slightly different sound frequencies delivered to each ear to trigger frequency-following response between the brain’s hemispheres — help the brain match the waveforms that characterize the stages of sleep.
The sleep-inducing technology embedded within the acoustically modified music created for TLP SLEEP uses all three methodologies.
Ad-hoc clinical testing has demonstrated the effectiveness of these algorithms in inducing sleep by reducing sleep latency and increasing efficiency in subjects ranging in age from 1 to 62, and has been shown to decrease sleep latency, increase sleep efficiency or both in up to 77% of people with normal binaural hearing.
Ready for a great night’s sleep, natural, and drug free? Buy The Listening Program® SLEEP today
Through the gift of her own son’s diagnosis of an Auditory Processing Disorder 15 years ago, Tracey was projected on a path passionately driven to find a solution to overcome this often hidden disability and the significant challenges it brings to the table.
She found the answer in The Listening Program. And today Tracey is incredibly proud of her son Ben, who in his final year of schooling authored the book “I Can Hear You…but I Don’t Know What You’re Saying. Ben is now an A Class Licence Qualified Electrician
The success of the program with her son led to pioneering this technology in Australia and through her Links to Learning company she has since transformed the lives of thousands of children. More far reaching is the accomplishment of her vision to integrate these programs into the school system. With now more than 100 schools in Australia and New Zealand trained to provide access to students in need.
Tracey is the Australasian representative of Advanced Brain Technologies. Her outstanding reputation in the industry is evidenced by a wealth of in-depth knowledge derived from working with families for over a decade and delivering world class professional training across a range of sectors. By devising programs from a range of ABT products including TLP, InTime, Achieve and Spectrum she has obtained the most spectacular results that meet the needs of individuals with a range of challenges from autism to brain injury. Tracey is an international speaker, trainer and practitioner. She has presented her expertise at conferences, seminars and workshops around the world including USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Tracey continues to work one on one with families throughout Australia with her practice Links To Learning. Tracey believes it is the children and their outcomes who can teach us most. The gift of their transformation feeds her hunger to continue to learn more. Her training and support of over 500 Practitioners throughout Australia and New Zealand has certainly contributed to an increased awareness of neuroplasticity.Her vision is that children may have the opportunity for earlier intervention leading to stronger learning outcomes, easier social interactions, more positive behaviours and ultimately happier families.
These kids are the future of our world……and the centre of every parent’s universe.
Click this link to book a FREE 5min chat with Tracey Butler to discuss your child’s needs and see if she can help you http://calendly.com/links2learning/5minphonechat